Imagine sailing around the island of Guadeloupe, standing at the railing, feeling the fresh marine breeze…
The French butterfly island of Guadeloupe is perfect for a boat rental in the Caribbean with its calm lagoons and coves, easterly trade winds and line-of-sight sailing. The combination of white coral sands with contrasting tropical rainforests and volcanic mountains make it one of the most interesting islands to explore. Although no sailing licence is required for cruising around Guadeloupe, we advise you to take your licences with you or book a skipper for your itinerary.
No matter if you are an experienced sailor or beginner, the following catamarans, sailboats and yacht are the best boats, which you can find for sailing around Guadeloupe. They are all harboured in Marina Bas-du-Fort, because it is not only a great location to equip your boat and get to know the island, but also the perfect spot to start your route from. Differentiated in length, number of cabins, speed, level of privacy, exclusivity, features and amenities, we recommend the following boats for the perfect sailing trip around Guadeloupe. There are many different types of boats, so if you are not sure which kind of boat is the right choice for you, have a look at our blog post to help you find out.
1. Catamaran Fontaine Pajot Helia 44 Evolution
The stunning 13.26 m Fontaine Pajot Helia 44 Evolution catamaran was built in 2013 and offers 6 cabins, of which 4 double cabins are located in the back and 2 single cabins in its front end, with 4 bathrooms attached to them. Hence you can rent a catamaran and start from Marina de Bas-du-Fort around Guadeloupe with up to 10 people accommodated on the catamaran. There is plenty of storage space and different social areas, so the boat never feels crowded. Enjoy fun evenings aboard with your friends, having barbecue on the aft deck.
This catamaran impresses with:
- Vast space complemented with an excellent, intuitive design
- Interior quality and the fit and finish which rivals 5-star resorts
- Massive storage spaces for long offshore voyages
- Excellent sailing characteristics for a catamaran of its size
- Top-of-the-line appliances and electronics
Deck equipment: Bimini, cockpit cushions, cockpit table, electric anchor windlass, electric winch, swimming ladder
Electronics and navigation: jack for MP3 – iPod/iPhone, radio, autopilot, depth sounder, GPS plotter, speed log, VHF, wind instruments, LOA
Others: freezer, gas stove oven, cockpit shower, cockpit speakers, dinghy, outboard engine, CD player, barbecue, electric fridge 12V
Need more information on the specifications? Click here to find out more about the Fontaine Pajot Helia 44 Evolution in Guadeloupe
2. Catamaran Catana 42 Carbon Infusion
The magnificent Catana 42 Carbon Infusion catamaran with a length of 12.58 meters was built in 2015 and has a capacity of 670 liters of fresh water and 400 liters of fuel. This catamaran is perfect for 8 people with its 4 double cabins and 2 bathrooms. Discover Guadeloupe starting from Marina de Bas-du-Fort and enjoy a comfortable stay aboard this catamaran, that feels like a floating home. The functional design and the great view from the upper deck salon will make staying aboard during long journeys a pleasure.
What makes this catamaran special:
- A lot of storage, including a big locker under the cockpit sole
- Its well-designed central saloon and a galley conveniently situated near the specious cockpit
- The 360-degree view from the interior salon
- Its powerful, yet light design that can reach more than 20 knots speed
- The guaranteed comfortable stay aboard due to perfect ventilation, thermal and audio insulation and ingenious bathroom design
Deck equipment: Bimini, electric anchor windlass, electric winch, swimming ladder, gennaker
Electronics and navigation: jack for MP3 – iPod/iPhone, autopilot, depth sounder, GPS plotter, speed log, VHF, wind instruments, LOA
Others: dinghy, outboard engine, CD player, microwave
Find out more about the Catana 42 Carbon Infusion for sailing in Guadeloupe on our website
3. Sailboat Dufour 385
The wonderful Dufour 385 sailboat is 11.72 meters long, holds a deposit of 400 liters of fresh water and 160 liters of fuel, and harbours in Marina de Bas-du-Fort in Guadeloupe. It can accommodate up to 8 people in 3 double cabins with 2 bathrooms, and a double sofa-bed in the living room. This beautiful boat is perfect for somewhat experienced sailors, who enjoy the work on deck and seek a well-performing, responsive sailboat.
This sailboat is excellent because:
- It is made for people who really intend to sail, because this boat is not only designed around comfort around the dock, but for sailing performance
- The wheels are smaller than usually, hence it is easy to steer and sheet the headsail at the same time
- The twin helms are quick, responsive, and smooth, both under power and under sail
- Its at-sea ventilation in the cabins is excellent, with two solar vents in the overhead hatches and cabin top
- The internal volume is impressive, and the design is beautifully appointed and finished in mahogany
Deck equipment: bimini, cockpit, cushions, cockpit table, electric anchor windlass, swimming ladder
Electronics and navigation: jack for MP3 – iPod/iPhone, CD-player, autopilot, depth sounder, GPS plotter, speed log, VHF, wind instruments, LOA
Others: gas stove oven, cockpit shower, cockpit speakers, dinghy, outboard engine, barbecue, electronic fridge 12V
Read more about the entire equipment and features of the Dufour 385 sailboat in Guadeloupe
4. Sailboat Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 54 DS
The marvelous sailboat Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 54 DS with a length of 16.75 meters, was built in 2010, holds 930 liters of fresh water and 410 liters of fuel, and awaits you in Marina Bas-du-Fort in Guadeloupe. The sailboat can accommodate up to 10 people with its 5 cabins and 4 bathrooms. Rent this sailboat with your big family or group of friends and enjoy swimming, snorkelling, sunbathing on deck and having meals together on the spacious aft deck.
This sailboat wins you over with:
- Its large bridge, which is perfect to reenact the famous Titanic scene
- The twin-level cockpit which features double wheels aft
- Its spacious airy saloon furnished with teak tables and leather settees
- The aft cabins with big double bunks that can be transformed into two single beds
- The comfort of a TV and DVD-player, as well as two separate CD-players with speakers inside and outside
Deck equipment: electric anchor, bimini, sprayhood, electric winches
Electronics and navigation: GPS plotter, VHF, autopilot, radar, echo-sounder, windex, CD-players, shore power 220V, TV, remote control
Others: dinghy, hot water, deck shower, cockpit table, kitchen supplies, dishes, snorkel equipment, air conditioning, oven, electronic fridge, teak deck, cockpit cushions, swimming ladder, freshwater pump, solar panels, bilge pump
Would you like to receive more information on the Sun Odyssey 54 DS? Find its list of amenities
5. Yacht Princess V58
The outstanding Princess V58 yacht has the levels of big luxury cruiseship, but boasts sportboat-like speed performance. It is 18.19 meters long and holds a deposit of 473 liters of fresh water and 2590 liters of fuel. There are 6 cabins with 2 bathrooms, so the yacht can host up to 12 people. Based in the Marina Bas-du-Fort in Guadeloupe this luxurious cruiser will definitely go the extra mile to create wonderful holiday memories. The spacious design offers plenty of room to enjoy your time aboard with your family and friends.
The Princess V58 offers the following remarkable features:
- Smooth handling like a ski boat, even though you are behind the wheel of a luxury yacht
- The enormous cockpit, which is basically a party palace with a barbecue grill, refrigerators and a wet-bar
- A bright, functional and luxurious main saloon with four large portholes with plenty of natural light
- A fully functional cooking galley with ample bench space
- Large sun-pads forward and aft for all those whole love sunbathing
Deck equipment: electric anchor, bimini, sprayhood, electric winches, swimming ladder, bar, ice dispenser, drawer fridge, electric windows
Electronics and navigation: jack for MP3 – iPod/iPhone, GPS plotter, VHF, autopilot, echo sounder, speed log, windex, CD-player, TV, remote control,
Others: dinghy, hot water, deck shower, cockpit table, kitchen supplies, dishes, air conditioning, snorkelling equipment, gas cooking oven, teak deck, electronic fridge, fridge, freezer, cockpit cushions, freshwater pump, solar panels
Interested? Click here to receive more details on the features of the amazing Princess V58 for sailing around Guadeloupe
Hopefully we have given you some suitable suggestions for boat rentals in Guadeloupe, so that you can get ideas on what to look for when chartering in the Caribbean. Would you like to look for other boats in Guadeloupe or in other Caribbean islands? We’ve got you covered – browse through our huge number of listed boats and we’re sure you will find the boat of your dreams.
Have you set sail in Guadeloupe before? We would love to read about your ideal boat for sailing around Guadeloupe and how your experience was.