Before boarding, use the checklist to examine the conditions of the boat at the time of check-in.
That way, you will not forget to check anything!
- Try out the electric winches
- General state of sails and lines
- Overview of the ship’s hull
- Bathing ladder
- Awning stanchion state
- Fuel level of auxiliary engine
- Oars and blower
- Propeller state
A word of advice… Take a picture of the boat’s exterior.
- Pump works and is clean
- Fresh water level
- The refrigerator works
- WC works and wastewater tank is empty
- Condition of upholstery and mats
- Hot water
A word of advice… Take a picture of the boat’s interior.
- Check electronics (batteries, radio, plotter …)
- Fuel level
- Exhaust pipe
- Check propeller (if it is an outboard engine)
- Engine Hours
- Oil level
- Location of security features
- Sign the contract, boat insurance and boat papers
- Expiration of flares, beacon, raft…
- No. of fenders and mooring ropes
In case of problems, what should you do?
As a shipowner, give your phone and the assistance number to the insurance company. If you need to call the coastal guard, it can be directly made with the radio.
We hope that you find this post useful, and remember that every time you rent a boat with Nautal, we are more than happy to answer all the questions regarding the boat or the booking that you just made with us!