Sailing in Martinique is truly a remarkable experience – if you have found your perfect boat …
The Caribbean island of Martinique celebrates its French culture with style, from cuisine to shops. Its bays are one of the safest and most beautiful in the Caribbean, which makes Martinique perfect for yacht charters. Trade winds are fairly consistent coming from northeast, with the calmest period being in September and October. The tidal range is minimal, and anchorages are available all along the coast. For beginners, it is recommended to set sail in the waters of the Caribbean Sea, whereas experts can spend their time sailing the rougher Atlantic Ocean side. Sailing in Martinique will be a great experience no matter what. Start your journey from the ports of Anses-d’Arlet, Pointe-du-Bout, or Port-du-Marin, which are the largest in the Caribbean and offer many facilities.
But no matter if you are an experienced sailor or beginner, the following catamarans, sailboats and yacht are the best boats, which you can find for sailing around Martinique. Differentiated in length, number of cabins, speed, level of privacy, exclusivity, features and amenities, we recommend the following boats for the perfect sailing trip around Martinique. There are many different types of boats, so if you are not sure which kind of boat is the right choice for you, have a look at out blog post to help you find out.
1. Catamaran XL Catamarans TS 42
The modern XL Catamaran TS 42 was built in 2015 and awaits you in Port-du-Marin on Martinique. It is 12.98 meters long, holds 220 Liters of water and 220 Liters of fuel and offers plenty of storage space. It can accommodate up to 8 sailors in its 2 double cabins, 2 single cabins, plus a convertible saloon. This catamaran is perfect for an experienced group of friends, who seek something different than an old-fashioned traditional catamaran, and are up for an adventure on a state-of-the-art boat.
This catamaran is exactly right for you if you value:
- a unique and trendy design that sets it apart from other catamarans of the same size
- Easy maneuverability and simple handling
- Sophisticated design, that makes use of the available space in the best way
- Swiftness and speed
- Wide open spaces, as the on-deck area is not divided
Deck equipment: electric anchor, bimini, solar panels, cockpit cushions, electric anchor
Electronics and navigation: GPS plotter, VHF, autopilot, echo-sounder, speed log, windex, jack for MP3 – for iPod/iPhone, CD-player, cockpit speakers
Others: dinghy with outboard engine, electric oven, kitchen supplies, dishes, deck shower, hot water, electronic fridge, water maker, indoor and outdoor speakers, side covers, snorkelling equipment, barbecue
2. Catamaran Nautitech Open TS 42
The superb Nautitech Open TS 42 catamaran was built in 2015, is 11.98 meters long and is ideal for sailing around Martinique, starting from Port-du-Marin. The tanks hold 480 liters of water and 300 liters of fuel. The catamaran can accommodate up to 8 sailors in 4 double cabins with 2 bathrooms, suitable for a big family. The performance of the boat and the social areas are great. However, we recommend to already have some sailing experience, or book a skipper for his catamaran, to be able to fully enjoy your sailing holiday in Martinique.
This catamaran is particularly nice due to:
- Its performance under sail, with an easy feel on the helm
- Short-handed sailing thanks to a simple, but intelligent cockpit layout
- The helming position and all around visibility that make it easy to manoeuvre in tight spaces
- The arrangement of the main living area up-deck, where the saloon is more outside than in – perfect for the Caribbean climate
- The straight-forward design, that makes the best out of the outdoor areas
Deck equipment: electric anchor, electric windlass, solar panels, swimming ladder
Electronics and navigation: GPS plotter, VHF, autopilot
Others: fresh water pump, electronic fridge, freezer, kitchen supplies, dishes, cockpit shower
3. Sailboat Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 439
The incredible Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 439 sailboat, was built in 2012, is of 13.34 meters length and harbours in Marina Port-du-Marin in Martinique. It offers 4 cabins and 2 baths and can hence accommodate up to 8 people overnight. This sailboat is ideal for sailors who value high-end traditional, but practical design and a generously spaced lower deck with lots of privacy for sailing in Martinique.
This sailboat amazes with:
- Being a joy to sail, both steady and nimble, depending on your needs
- The free space around the cockpit table, which holds the navigation screen, stowage space, and cup holders, and can be folded out to become the main entertaining center
- The combination of rich woods with white paneling, which creates a simple yet stylish interior and satisfyingly close-fitting joinery
- The cleverly designed saloon table with a fixed center console and flip-over table, which can be doubled without having to give up leg space
- The generous cabins with big berths and cupboards
Deck equipment: cockpit table, sprayhood, bimini, electric anchor windlass, swimming ladder
Electronics and navigation: jack for MP3 – iPod/iPhone, CD-player, speed log, VHF, GPS plotter, LOA, autopilot, VHF radio, wind instruments, 220V sockets, battery chargers, CD-player, TV
Others: gas stove oven, cockpit speakers, dinghy, outboard engine, hot water, electronic fridge 12V, cockpit loudspeakers, barbecue, snorkelling equipment, bed linen, cooling fan
Click here to find out even more details on the Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 439 for your sailing holiday in Martinique
4. Sailboat Hanse 505
The incredible Hanse 505 sailing boat was built in 2014 and harbours in the harbour of Les Anses-d’Arlet in Martinique. It is 15.4 meters long and can hold 670 liters of water and 280 liters of fuel. The 3 double cabins and 1 twin cabin with 2 bathrooms, lets 8 people comfortably stay aboard. The bright, spacious design is suitable for everyone who seeks privacy aboard, and the twin wheels and steering position offer possibilities for two experienced sailors to handle different maneuvers. This boat will be the right choice for a big family with experience aboard a sailboat for chartering in Martinique.
This sailboat is particularly fantastic because of:
- The spade rudder and twin wheels allow you to chose your steering position with maximum visibility forward over the low cabin top
- The huge comfortable cockpit and the wide fold-down transom that can become a back porch and swimming platform
- The bright and airy saloon with overhead hatches, opening ports and large hull windows
- Its interpretation of traditional high-end interior design with a modern twist
- The possibility to explore different manoeuvres with a crew of two
Deck equipment: electric anchor, electric windlass, electric winches, lazy bag, sprayhood, bow thruster
Electronics and navigation: GPS plotter, VHF, autopilot, echo-sounder, speed log, windex, jack for MP3 – iPod/iPhone, CD-player, 12v sockets, shore power 220V
Others: hot water, kitchen supplies, dishes, electronic fridge, freezer, gas cooking oven, stove, teak deck, cockpit cushions, cockpit table, cockpit speakers, cockpit lighting, deck shower, swimming ladder
5. Yacht Dynamique Dyna 51
The Dynamique Dyna 51 yacht of 16.5 meters is a true beauty, harboured in Marina Pointe-du-Bout in Martinique. It holds a deposit of 300 liters of water and 3000 liters of fuel. The luxury cruiser is equipped with 3 cabins and 2 bathrooms, making it suitable to host 5 people overnight. The easy-to-drive yacht, offers characteristics of a speed boat, with the feeling of a high-end apartment aboard. It is perfect for speed enthusiasts as well as sun worshippers and relaxation-seekers. Charter this stunning yacht with the comfort of a skipper, and explore Martinique.
This yacht will blow you away with:
- The transitional blend of old-world craftsmanship meets modern technology
- The foredeck sunpads with adjustable backrests and the teak afterdeck with covered table and bench seating
- The flybridge: comfortable seating, sunpads, full helm instrumentation, wet bar, electric grill
- How easy it is to drive: responsive to touch, with good cut and minimal slippage on the corners
- The bow thruster and docking camera that help with close-quarters manoeuvring and make docking easy
Deck equipment: electric anchor, bow thruster, flaps
Electronics and navigation: GPS plotter, VHF, autopilot, radar, echo-sounder, MP3-docking station, CD-player, TV, cockpit speakers, 12V sockets, shore power 220V
Others: dinghy, outboarder, hot water, deck shower, cockpit table, kitchen supplies, dishes, air conditioning, gas cooking, oven, electronic fridge, teak deck
Would you like to read more about the Dyna 51 yacht for chartering in Martinique? Click here to go to our specifications website
Did you find a boat you would like to charter for your sailing holiday in Martinique? Or would you like to see more boats in the area? Have a look at our many options for even more sailboat, catamaran, and yacht charters in Martinique. We are sure you will find something that is tailored to your needs.
Or have you already sailed around Martinique? Tell us about your best experiences, which boat you chartered and the itinerary you planned for your holiday in the Caribbean.